This congregation subscribe the “1689 Baptist Confession of Faith”. What follows here is a short description of what we believe.
1. We believe the whole Bible is the infallible Word of God, in the sixty six books, as originally delivered in the original languages, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, inspired by the Spirit of God. We believe that it is faultless; that the Bible is the final authority in matters pertaining to faith and practice and that it is the true basis of Christian unity.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, sovereign and eternal who exists in three Persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the absolute deity of Jesus Christ and that He was fully human. We believe that Jesus was with the Father in glory before His incarnation; that He was born of a virgin; that He was sinless; that He died in our place on the Cross; that He was raised bodily from the grave; and that He ascended triumphantly to heaven; that He intercedes for us from there as Mediator with the Father and that He will return again in person at His second coming.
4. We believe in the absolute deity and personality of the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, of righteousness, of judgement, who gives the new birth, who makes us holy, who enlightens, encourages us and lives in everyone who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ
5. We believe that Satan exists as an evil personality, the origin of sin and the archenemy of God and man.
6. We believe that man is created by God in His image; that man sinned and thereby became guilty before God and that it lead to his total depravity, thereby man by nature are worthy of both physical and spiritual death.
7. We believe that no one except those who repent of their sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved and that salvation is by the grace of God alone. We believe that Jesus Christ, through the will of the Father, freely died a mediatory and atoning death. We believe that justification by faith alone and in Christ alone (who died and was raised for our justification) and through faith alone. We believe that those who were powerfully called by God will be perfected in the image of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
8. We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous; in the everlasting blessing of the redeemed and the judgement and conscious eternal punishment of the unbelievers.
9. We believe that the local church is a community of believers in Christ who are born again, called out of this world and separated for Jesus Christ and willingly submit to the ministry of God’s Word that is for building up the body (members) and that leads to the proclamation of the faith that is confirmed and confessed in the ordinances (Baptism and the Lord’s Supper). We believe in the autonomy of the local church, practices its God given gifts, orders, and privileges under the lordship of Christ, the Head of the church. We believe that the church has to offices, the elders and deacons.